Website Terms and Conditions
1. INFORMATION ABOUT US
- 1.1 We are a Limited Company registered in England and Wales at Companies House under the name of CFX Risk Management Ltd (we, us, our, and CFX Risk Management Ltd). Our registered office is 7 Woodman Works, 204 Durnsford Road, London SW19 8DR and our company number is 09331328.
- 1.2 We are an Appointed Representative of Sturgeon Ventures LLP FRN # 452811 who is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (the FCA) and entered on the FSA Register with the firm identification number FRN 661264.
- 1.3 If you have any queries about the Website or any information contained on it, please contact us at address or by telephone on +44 203 743 7200; or by email at email@example.com.
2. ACCESSING OUR WEBSITE
- 2.1 Access to our Website is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our Website without notice. From time to time, we may restrict access to some or all of our Website. We will not be liable if for any reason our Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- 2.3 You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our Website.
- 3.1 Nothing on this Website is intended, nor should it be taken, to create any legal or contractual relationship. Any transmission, downloading or sending of any information from the Website does not create any contractual relationship.
- 3.2 The content of the Website is designed for information purposes only. Neither the information nor any opinions stated in the Website constitutes a solicitation or offer by CFX Risk Management Ltd to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments or to provide any investment advice.
- 3.3 The provision of investment services may be restricted in certain jurisdictions. It is your responsibility to acquaint yourself with any local laws and restrictions on the usage of this Website and the availability of any services described on it. The information on this Website is not intended for distribution to or use by any personal entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution would be contrary to local law or regulation. The Services are available only to persons in the United Kingdom and other European Economic Area countries. The Services are not available to United States persons directly, unless introduced to CFX Risk Management Ltd by a FINRA registered broker or their United States attorney.
- 3.4 Nothing in this Website may be published in the press or elsewhere without permission of Sturgeon Ventures.
- 3.5 CFX Risk Management Ltd does not provide legal or tax advice. Clients of CFX Risk Management Ltd and viewers of this Website are encouraged to consult their own legal and tax advisers before making any investment decision. Private companies in all jurisdictions and potential investors should take independent legal and taxation and investment advice before proceeding with any type of fund raising activity.
- 3.6 While we endeavour at all times to ensure information on our Website is clear, fair and not misleading at the date of publication, we do not hold the information as impartial and it should not be viewed as wholly objective. Information on this Website is based on sources that we believe to be reliable but we give no undertaking that it is accurate or complete and CFX Risk Management Ltd cannot and does not guarantee the accuracy, validity, timeliness or completeness of any information or data made available to you for any particular purpose or at all.
- 3.7 Any opinions are subject to change without notice and CFX Risk Management Ltd is under no obligation to report or keep information accurate.
- 3.8 This Website is controlled and operated by CFX Risk Management Ltd in the United Kingdom. We make no representations that materials in the Website are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who choose to access the Website from other locations do so at their own risk and are responsible for compliance with all applicable laws.
4. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- 4.1 This Website, its contents, any materials downloaded, and all intellectual property pertaining to or contained on the Website (including but not limited to copyrights, patents, database rights, graphics, designs, text, logos, trade dress, trademarks and service marks) are owned by or licensed to us and/or from third parties and all rights, title and interest in them shall remain the property of CFX Risk Management Ltd and/or such third parties (collectively, the Content).
- 4.2 The Content is protected by copyright, patent and trademark laws, and various other intellectual property rights and unfair competition laws.
- 4.3 You are permitted to print copies and download extracts of the content on the Website for your own personal use for information purposes only, and may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on the Website, subject to the following conditions:
- 4.3.1 our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our Website must always be acknowledged;
- 4.3.2 you must not modify in any way the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or graphics separately from any accompanying text;
- 4.3.3 you must not duplicate, copy, publish, modify, create derivative works from, participate in the transfer of, post on the internet, or in any way distribute, redistribute or exploit the Website, or any portion of the Website, for any public or commercial use without our express prior written consent;
5. UNLAWFUL OR PROHIBITED USE
- 5.1 We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
- 5.2 You must not misuse our Website by knowingly or recklessly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or any other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Website, the server on which our Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Website. You must not attack our Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
- 5.3 Any such unauthorised use of our Website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such activity to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Website will cease immediately and without further notice.
- 6.2 Additionally, by using our Website, you acknowledge and agree that internet transmissions are never completely private or secure. You understand that any message or information you send to our Website may be read or intercepted by others, notwithstanding our efforts to protect such transmissions. We are not responsible for any messages which are lost, altered by third parties or intercepted and we will not be liable to you or anyone else for any damages or otherwise in connection with any message sent by you to us or by us to you via the internet.
7. EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
- 7.1 The material displayed on our Website is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy, originality or completeness. To the extent permitted by law, we and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
- 7.1.1 all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity;
- 7.1.2 any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our Website or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our Website, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including:
- (a) loss of income or revenue;
- (b) loss of business;
- (c) loss of profits or contracts;
- (d) loss of anticipated savings;
- (e) loss of data;
- (f) loss of goodwill;
- (g) wasted management or office time; and
- (h) any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
- 7.1.3 In jurisdictions which do not allow the exclusion or limitations of certain types of liability, CFX Risk Management Ltd liability will be limited to the maximum extent permitted by law.
9. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
- 9.1 Our Website may contain links to websites and resources maintained by third parties. These links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those websites and resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. We are not responsible for the content, availability or privacy policies of those sites, and the existence of such links should not be considered an endorsement or recommendation of those sites or of any product or service offered on those sites or of any party that is associated with those sites.
- 9.2 Please note that other websites and resources linked to on our Website may be governed by separate terms and conditions, including privacy policies. You should refer to the applicable terms and conditions of those websites and resources before using them and you should direct any questions or comments about the linked website or resource to the appropriate website provider.
10. LINKING TO OUR WEBSITE
- 10.1. You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- 10.2. You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
- 10.3. Our Website must not be framed on any other website, nor may you create a link to any part of our Website other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- 10.4. If you wish to make any use of material on our Website other than that set out above, please address your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
11. REVISION OF TERMS
12. JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW
- 12.1 The English courts will have non-exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to our Website. We retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country.
14. YOUR CONCERNS
- 14.1 If you have any concerns about any material which appears on our Website, please contact email@example.com
15. ANTI-BRIBERY AND CORRUPTION POLICY
- 15.1 Introduction
CFX Risk Management Ltd values its reputation for ethical behaviour and for financial probity and reliability. It recognises that over and above the commission of any crime, any involvement in bribery will also reflect adversely on its image and reputation. Its aim therefore is to limit its exposure to bribery by:
- Setting out a clear anti-bribery policy;
- Training all consultants and clients, so that they can recognise and avoid the use of bribery by themselves and others;
- Encouraging its consultants and clients to be vigilant and to report any suspicion of bribery, providing them with suitable channels of communication and ensuring sensitive information is treated appropriately;
- Notifying all third parties that the Board of Directors engage with of its policy and zero tolerance of bribery and/or corruption.
- Rigorously investigating instances of alleged bribery and assisting the police and other appropriate authorities in any resultant prosecution;
- Taking firm and vigorous action against any individual(s) involved in bribery.
- 15.2 The Policy
CFX Risk Management Ltd prohibits the Board of Directors:
- the offering, the giving, the solicitation or the acceptance of any bribe, whether cash or other inducement
- to or from any person or company, wherever they are situated and whether they are a public official or body or private person or company
- by any individual consultant, agent or other person or body acting on the Board of Directors behalf
- in order to gain any commercial, contractual or regulatory advantage for the Board of Directors in a way which is unethical
- or in order to gain any personal advantage, pecuniary or otherwise, for the individual or anyone connected with the individual
- 15.3 Further Clarification
The Board of Directors recognises that market practice varies across the territories in which it does business and what is normal and acceptable in one place may not be in another. This policy prohibits any inducement which results in a personal gain or advantage to the recipient or any person or body associated with them, and which is intended to influence them to take action which may not be solely in the interests of the Partnership or of the person or body employing or contracting with them or whom they represent.
This policy is not meant to prohibit the following practices providing they are customary in a particular market, are proportionate and are properly recorded
Inevitably, decisions as to what is acceptable may not always be easy. If anyone is in doubt as to whether a potential act constitutes bribery, the matter should be referred to the local senior manager with responsibility for this policy before proceeding. If necessary, guidance should also be sought from the Compliance Officer.
- normal and appropriate hospitality
- the giving of a gift for a corporate reason or at another special time, as long as reported in the proper manner within the firm on the gifts register
- 15.4 Consultants and Principles Responsibility within CFX Risk Management Ltd
The prevention, detection and reporting of bribery is the responsibility of all consultants throughout the Board of Directors. Suitable channels of communication by which consultants or others can report confidentially any suspicion of bribery will be maintained via the Anti-Corruption Reporting procedures.
Useful resource: www.transparency.org.uk for the Transparency Index
A fuller Policy and Procedures outlining all the Principals of the Act can be requested
From the Compliance Officer of the Board of Directors by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org